Friday, December 02, 2005

Should have known

I should have known and should have guessed
You knew what to do and I shouldn’t have pressed
For You to lock me down for the days
As I said yesterday, as my poem it does says
So if I may ask, for You to disregard
The poem I wrote yesterday, You played the card

For which I had sought, in my own feeble mind
Yet You knew all along, how and when to bind
You locked me up tight, before a chance to read
The poem that I’d wrote, and planted that seed
I should have known better, You had Your own plan
If You didn’t already know it, I’m Your biggest fan

I’m sorry I doubted and questioned Your goals
And You have a right to drag me over the coals
I promise never will I question again
As I type or I write a poem with my pen
Please know Darling, You are my whole life
And am so lucky, to have You as my wife

No comments: